• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bedding for my B&W

G

I am planning on switching from repti bark to cypress mulch but I would like to know if buying a bag of cypress mulch at home depot will be safe? I can purchase bags of cypress mulch at petsmart which are $11 dollars compared to home depot which are $2 and I just finished building my little guys cage (6x3x2) so I will be needing a lot of mulch to give him a foot or so of burrowing . I am guessing as long as their is not coloring or pesticides or poisons on it he should be fine. What do you guys think? =/

G

home depot is only $2,how much do you get?i use jungle bed and its like 15 bucks for a medium sized bag.if u can get cypres for that id go for it.u want to make sure there isnt any added fertizers in it or pesticides.acide from that ur good.=] o and btw no mulch is organic.doesnt mean it isnt safe but its not all natural. hehe the more you know :)

G

T-Rex cypress bedding from petsmart is 10 Quarts and the bag from home depot is 2 cu ft or 56L.

Edit: I just spoke with someone from home depot and he assured me that their is no added pesticides or poisons to the mulch. He says it is 100% natural and ecofriendly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu