• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bearded Dragons Male and Female Parings

So im fixing to go out job hunting for a while but before I go i thought id make this htread and ask you all, how many beardies would you keep to a set up? and can you keep them all males or all females or is it best to just have 1 to a set up? im thinking of buying this

http://undergroundreptiles.com/exo/PT2613.jpg but it only looks good for 2. what do you all think should i buy 2 of them? and then put 2 in each all male or all female? i dont want babies right now so maybe a 2 males in 1 and 2 females in the other? i cant wait to read your info and knowlagable replys!! :) love u all!!

La-Price

generally beardies do not do well with others, they can and will kill each other. so seperate tanks for them until you want babies, and then introduce the male and female outside their enclosures. should only take one mating to get 3-6 clutches

adam1120

one bearded dragon per enclosure they NEED to be serparted ive seen people but two males and two females but not worth putting the dragon through that stress they fight for food if you just throw the food in there enclosure and they will fight for the basking and uvb

turtlepunk

I tried to keep my male and female together but my male kept stressing my female out. He would chase her around the enclosure and try to constantly mount her. I know one breeder who successfully keeps his beardies together in pairs (Mark Romansky) but most others would advise against it. two males together is a big no-no. They can be very aggressive towards each other, they're very territorial. I think the only ok pairing would be a female with another female, but for the most part a lot of people say to keep one per cage. I kept mine separated in different rooms, but even with that arrangement my male was still able to see my female so his beard was constantly black and he would pace his enclosure and head bob all day. So i handed my female over to my boyfriend to keep at his house.

adam1120

i just saw the enclosure no way is that big enough for two beardie by the way custom enclsoure the best way to go and if you gunna get the red tegu like you said you might as well two to stack thats what im be doin with my beardie and my tegu cage to come:D

adam1120 said:
i just saw the enclosure no way is that big enough for two beardie by the way custom enclsoure the best way to go and if you gunna get the red tegu like you said you might as well two to stack thats what im be doin with my beardie and my tegu cage to come:D

well, with the way im building it, 8ft long and 4ft wide n tall and anther one 8 foot long 8 foot wide and 4 foot tall, im having to be careful on stacking, im gonna buld a chinese water dragon and australian water dragon set up that are sid y side that stand about 7 foot tall. and 6 = 7 foot across. as for the beardeds, i may jusr custom build a special stack that fits 4 reptiles like them and have 2 male beardies and 2 female beardies each in their own cages and then start on the urmastyx cages.
turtlepunk said:
I tried to keep my male and female together but my male kept stressing my female out. He would chase her around the enclosure and try to constantly mount her. I know one breeder who successfully keeps his beardies together in pairs (Mark Romansky) but most others would advise against it. two males together is a big no-no. They can be very aggressive towards each other, they're very territorial. I think the only ok pairing would be a female with another female, but for the most part a lot of people say to keep one per cage. I kept mine separated in different rooms, but even with that arrangement my male was still able to see my female so his beard was constantly black and he would pace his enclosure and head bob all day. So i handed my female over to my boyfriend to keep at his house.

i dontk now why but after reading that i suddenly startedh earing air supply making love out of nothing at all and rush - lime light in my head. wth... >.<

kellen.watkins

Ya very bad, my beardie hates and wants to destroy anything that's not a person lol my buddy brought his baby tegu over a couple weeks ago and showed my beardie him through the glass instantly the beard turned black and he puffed up and was upset with me for almost a week and wouldn't let me pick him up (non violently of course) I've heard of beardies not eating when another reptile is present until they leave

jerobi2k

I had a Male / female active breading pair that I housed together for roughly 10 years, I raised them both from hatchlings and never had a issue, he was only aggressive with her durring mating, I consider myself lucky to have been able to do this and always had a extra enclosure ready incase they needed to be seperated. the only time I did seperate them was the minute I would notice she was gravid until the eggs were layed. when they were young I would hold them both for hours on end every day and take them everywhere. do I think its possible to house them together, yes.. on conditions like mine and with a little bit of luck, lol. I really did enjoy them they were pretty awsome... but then I got a tegu he stole all my attention away from any small reptiles... that was the end of any reptiles that werent the size of a small dog and could be snuggle buddies like my gU!~ with my gU it was love at first sight =D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.