• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bearded Dragon update,

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I just looked at the old thread i posted on these guys, and they have grown A LOT!! Even in the new pictures both are in shed..

I didn't take much pictures before when i first first got them,but here is one pic my friend took of tsume his first week home.

They are in the same order in both pics in my hand, Tsume then Hige.
7-16-11

9-13-11

Tsume now 13" STL, He is in shed right now, his legs and arms already off, the backs coming off right now, he's always shed like this.

Hige now 9" STL (nipped tail) , Had to separate these two. Hige is also in shed which is why he is so dull looking

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Thank's and Yeah i swear i didn't even notice until i looked at the other thread, grow so fast.

rhetoricx, what happen too yours? Why not get another? We'll worth it :)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I moved. The new landlord doesn't want reptiles living inside of the house (smell?????) and I was worried about how well he would tolerate the cold, even with a CHE. I'd love to get another eventually! They're awesome reptiles, pretty soon yours will be 20" :p. Do you plan on breeding any of them?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Won't lie, my beardies can really stink up the place,but i change substrate fast and it's hardly a problem. I notice the young ones crap way more than adults. Yes they are very cool, cannot wait for these two too turn into adults, and yeah they will both be future breeders, i plan to get about two more too pair up with them,once i move out.

Deac77

5 Year Member
Strange_Evil said:
Won't lie, my beardies can really stink up the place,but i change substrate fast and it's hardly a problem. I notice the young ones crap way more than adults. Yes they are very cool, cannot wait for these two too turn into adults, and yeah they will both be future breeders, i plan to get about two more too pair up with them,once i move out.

use tile for your substrate since they need little to no humidity you can use the tile easy clean up and files down the nails holds heat well also my bd never stinks (also remeber not to house together i cant see the pics bc of work net so idk but they are solitary until breeding season you dont want to lose one to the other over a fight just tryin to help ya out)

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Deac77 said:
Strange_Evil said:

use tile for your substrate since they need little to no humidity you can use the tile easy clean up and files down the nails holds heat well also my bd never stinks (also remeber not to house together i cant see the pics bc of work net so idk but they are solitary until breeding season you dont want to lose one to the other over a fight just tryin to help ya out)

Yeah my bearded dragons are both housed separately. I plan to use tile when i put them in the final 4x2 cages. For now i'm just using butchers paper and the reptile carpet (switching in and out), both work good just a pain to clean. I figure it would be a waste to buy tile now when they only have another 4 or 5 months in the 30gs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hweikel