1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Bathing a flying tegu

Discussion in 'Tegu Taming and Handling Discussion' started by Jessicak, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Jessicak

Jessicak Member

So recently, every time I put Reptar in the bath, he freaks out and tries to jump out until I take him out. I usually wait until he calms down before I take him out because I don't want to reward him for freaking out. Has the happened to anyone else?
  2. viejo

viejo Member 5 Year Member

My tegus are also less than thrilled with bath time. I suspect that the biggest problem is that they are out of their comfort zone. I get less anxiety when I transfer them in their feeding (poopling) tote.
  3. Jessicak

Jessicak Member

I just see all of these Gus that relax and fall asleep in the bath and mine hates it.
  4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Active Member

My tegu loves warm baths, he will close his eyes and fall asleep
  5. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

Is the water to hot or cold?
  6. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

Can you build some sort of platform with a pool of water or an island to go in the bath so Reptar can entre and enjoy the water at his leisure??
    bd0795 likes this.