• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BACK AND FOURTH

RobK.

GOOD DAYS THEN BAD , STILL EATING GOOD . BUT HE ALSO KEEPS GETTING A RUNNY NOSE . TWICE IN THE LAST WEEK . EVERYTIME I RAISE HIS TEMPS 85 AT NIGHT A 90'S DURING THE DAY . IT GOES AWAY . I DON'T WANT TO OVER HEAT HIM . AND THIS MAKES HIS HEAD SHAKING AND SCRATHING WORSE . THIS IS WHAT HAPPEND DAYS BEFORE THIS WHOLE MESS STARTED .

Maro1

Rob is the runny nose different than the usual expelling of salts? Mine have runny noses a lot and I'm always cleaning the glass :)

RobK.

Maro1 said:
Rob is the runny nose different than the usual expelling of salts? Mine have runny noses a lot and I'm always cleaning the glass :)

can you see clear fluid running down from his nose ? Mine Snalts and sneezes , i saw a post where a vet said runny nose and humidity is normal . but i am not so sure .

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Iguanas-3544/2008/6/Dez.htmquote ''

''My igs tend to get runny noses(nothing more than more snalt) on occasion and its generally when the air is more humid...remember, this isn't a bad thing as they need the humidity. Its just a clear(like water) runny nose.''

teguboy77

5 Year Member
My rhino snalts,but has never had a runny nose.My ty in temps in the day basking spot are 107f and at night i use no lights and my ambient temp is 68f the room there kept in the thermostat is kept at 65f but that room stays around 65f most of the time and this works for me.

Maro1

can you see clear fluid running down from his nose ? Mine Snalts and sneezes , i saw a post where a vet said runny nose and humidity is normal . but i am not so sure .

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Iguanas-3544/...z.htmquote ''

Rob,

''My igs tend to get runny noses(nothing more than more snalt) on occasion and its generally when the air is more humid...remember, this isn't a bad thing as they need the humidity. Its just a clear(like water) runny nose.''

Rob, I could take a pic of the glass in two to three days it is white from all the sneezing. I can stand and see liquid pooling in his nose at times. It has a lot to do with the amount of moisture they get. diet that is heavier in Dark greens as compared to a fair amount of juicy fruits and such will result in more of a runny nose.

Mine is perfectly healthy and eats a incredible amount of food. Greens, fruit, iguana diet.

Mar01

RobK.

[/quote]

Rob, I could take a pic of the glass in two to three days it is white from all the sneezing. I can stand and see liquid pooling in his nose at times. It has a lot to do with the amount of moisture they get. diet that is heavier in Dark greens as compared to a fair amount of juicy fruits and such will result in more of a runny nose.

Mine is perfectly healthy and eats a incredible amount of food. Greens, fruit, iguana diet.

Mar01
[/quote]

when i had glass it did the same thing . i also see it pooling in his nose just before he sneezes or snalts . he's getting a lot of moister in the muzuri tortoise chow . may be hes getting to much . he definitely has a good apatite

teguboy77

5 Year Member
My rhino snalts alot too,but i feed mine alot of staple greens,with mazuri,and fruit as a treat grapes,and kiwi.The green i stick with watercress,spring mix,baby arugula,mine gets plenty of moisture,which is good since they get the water threw there food,it works for me and my rhino.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029