• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Babysitting! actually, more like lizardsitting

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am taking care of my buddy Mike's male beardie. They bred again, and she layed a nice, healthy clutch! I will be taking care of the male for a few days to give the female some space; she is a bit underweight and exhausted from producing all those eggs, and we figured it would be nice to giver her some space!
Anyway, he is being an absolute doll! He made himself right at home in my soon-to-be tegu enclosure (I put some dry material overthe moist dirt, and it worked out nicely.) I offered him food, and he ended up eating around 10 superworms. He has been asleep on my chest for 3 hours while I have been reading. I put him away, went out for about 30 minutes, came back, and he came right out of his hiding spot in the big tank I have set up for him, and played his little "I want attention NOW" game. I gave in and took him out. He played around with me for a bit, then went back to sleep on my shoulder, inside of my my sweatshirt. He is nice and cozy, as I have a little electric heater directed at my chest/shoulder.
I'm about to put him to "bed".

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just for fun, I am wondering if anybody here has babysat a friend's reptile/s and had something happen, like it escaped, or it stole a baby's candy, or it ate your sister? Anything that went wrong or was just plain weird or funny?

Post your stories!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus