• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

baby

peaches11

i was wondering what should my baby red tegu be on i hav him on cypress mulch but how much should i put in there i dont want to much so that she just burrows and stays there all day i dont want her to go under the mulch all day just a little bet and what should my basking spot be its 100 rite now

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You may not want it to burrow but give it the option to do so. Cypress mulch is fine, if you want put more on one side of its enclosure than the other. Sometimes when they're younger they need to burrow to feel secure. But they have to come out eventually so give them that time and space to do so.

Depending on the size of your tegu 3" or 4" on one side (or the whole enclosure) should be enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214