• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

baby tegu wont eat

my baby tegu wont eat he seems perfect and acts perfect but he wont eat he usually loves turkey and crickets but this week he just doesnt want anything ive helped him eat twice and he poops normally and everything

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are the temps and humidity in the enclosure? Pics of the enclosure will help as well. What do you mean you helped him eat?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
did u shove the food in his mouth or did u hold it for it? it is possible it might be constipated also. a soak in a warm bath will help that along with helping in hydration.

put his food up to his mouth and he got it but will only eat like that and frost i will try that o yeah his temps are 97 hot end 104 basking cool end 77 and humidity is 86

i gave him the corn snake totsie the tortoise and my box turtle a bath they all seemed to like it and my tegu was last and he pooped in the water so not constipation

frost

1,000+ Post Club
sounds like everything is good. sometimes they dont eat for a little while. i have had a few refuse food then eat again in a few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu