• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby tegu wont eat in new enclosure

Musaddad

So i recently got a baby chacoan tegu hes only about 2 month old,when he arrives hes doing just fine eating everything i gave him,but i just moved him into an outdoor terrarium 2 days ago.the problem is my tegu wont eat now,i tried ground chicken,cricket,super worm and i even gave him a mice with a tweezer but he wont eat it so i left it in his cage,and when i check back he already ate the mice,so do you think its normal to have him not eating because i moved him into a new terra?(i think hes losing interest in all the food i gave him if im sitting next to its terrarium),and yeah he also run away when he see me coming,but if i pick him up his not defending himself.(sorry for my bad english)

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
Whenever being moved to a new place whether a new house or terrarium, you gotta give them some time to adjust. Don't worry. Give him 24-36 hours and try again.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Are we eating yet? It's totally normal for them to freak out (stop eating, hide, get aggressive) when their home is altered. Jeremy is right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980