• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

baby tegu how much to feed

steve1

i just got baby b&w from the reptile expo today and having never had a baby im not sure how much to give him/her as far a crics and meal worms are concerned he just downed 3 crics and 1 worm and he seems like hes looking for more. should i keep at it till he is no longer interested or should i limit his intake. i do not want him getting overweight like my big girl was till i stopped power feeding her rats.

Thelegendofcharlie

5 Year Member
Feed your Tegu as much as they will consume in 20 minutes or so.
They need plenty of protein and calories when they are young, as they are growing very quickly.
Dont worry about obesity with a babe, that would be hard to accomplish.
Also rethink the crix - they are quite horrible feeders, almost no nutrition & a wonky calcium to phosphorus ratio.

steve1

oh ok so as far as insects go stick to meal worms or super worms or roaches and such? i was told they had started feeding him pinkys and i need to go get some ground turkey to give him a variety, hopefully i can raise him on a variety unlike my big girl who will literally starve herself if she doesn't get a rat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu