• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

baby tegu enclosures?

adam1120

okay so i got my 40 breeder with a reptiSUN10.0 not the coil the tube and 75 watt basking spot and i now youll say the 40 breeder wonmt last long soooo. i was out buying dog food and saw this 10x10x6 metal cage i bought:D and i will but chicken wire on top and bottom to stop the monster from exscapiig it on sale and it was a store sale only so not online the cage was only 25 good deal or no?

montana

You may be able to use it outside for short periods of time but you still have the problem of nowhere to keep your tegu ...

How about a four foot long Rubbermaid..??

adam1120

ill be building a 8x4x4 was gunna be 8x3x3 but want to give it the extra room just got that cus it was normally 225 and it was on sale i couldnt pass it up:D

adam1120

yea i wanted it too but wouldnt it be easier to tame and feed it in the 40 breeeder first then get him into the bigger enclosure dont want to be chasing him around the big tank and stuff right now i now he will need it and i will provide it for him but justonce he grows out of the 40 breeder which i hope is in like 5 to 6 months if he dont hibernate sooner the better lol

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah, that is fine. Start him in the 40 and have the 8x4x4 ready when he needs it.

herpgirl2510

I feel a 40 breeder is really small I am looking at one right not. When you are working with yourtegu you won't be chasing him down anyways you wait for them to come to you. The problem with the dog cage unless you are using just too bring him outside is it will be impossible to keeo in the humidity. A 4x2x2 enclosure built from plywood would last alot longer and be less expensive it does not have to be fancy especially since it is only temporary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu