• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

baby blue food

Oddball

5 Year Member
I know an assortment of superworms, pinkie mice, and ground turkey with cod liver oil is going to be my new blues diet as a baby, but is it ok to mix some ground lean beef in with the turkey?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I guess as long as it extra lean, better than 95%. Turkey is usually 97% or better.

I need to try feeding them small pinkies tomorrow night!

Oddball

5 Year Member
AWWW! video/pics are much appreciated! ^_^

Right now we are still going through our tank shuffle. The last thing we need is a UVB light and fixture, then we can move our savannah and set up Leviathans new home. Brad convinced me that leviathan would be a good name and we settled on it. It's unisex as well as ironic. We also may take in another young argentine black n white from someone down in san diego who can't take care of his anymore.

Brad and I have a problem...We decided that when we get a red tegu later in life it'll be named Charmander, and if we get a Rhino Iguana, I'm going to name it Buster.

We are totally hooked on our babies...It's an addiction that is at least not illegal or immoral ^_^

A few days ago I emailed the guy selling Agama International and it's worth a hefty sum of cash. Much more than I can afford, otherwise I would have jumped on it. I mean, it came with international CITES papers! *tear* Oh well. I hope whoever buys it does well with it.

How are all of the babies doing? I'm glad to hear your runt Peanut is doin' ok. I was kinda worried about him when he hatched, but it sounds like he'll be fine.

But what breeder in their right mind just kills imperfect hatchlings? I mean, if there is a lethal deformity thats reasonable, but if it's just a small little thing that sounds horrible. My Uro Spike has a little problem where her little toe/claw is always crossed over her ring toe/claw. Our vet can't diagnose but it's not detrimental, just odd.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've heard from a few people that the animals at Agama aren't being cared for well at all. Missing tails, toes, MBD, etc. It's sad that Timo (Bert's son) only cares about what money he can get out of it.

As I said in another post, those babies are growing fast!! They look physically bigger every day! They were 7"-8" long when they hatched and are 11" now!

Peanut is growing very slowly. We see him eat a cricket or 2 every day and maybe a little turkey. He's got a long way to go if he's going to be come normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029