• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby argentine black and white tegu

pauljr456

5 Year Member
I got a baby thats only 4months old from this guy in new york and he said he got it from a breeder in Virginia but from what im reading its an import and the guy said it depends on there living conditions when and where they breed he was green when he came out and is really healthy hes about 10 inches now but i want to know if hes an import or not someone plz help

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Imports can be as calm as CBB and be parasite free. CBB generally hatch between June and September at the latest. If he was CBB he would be closer to 7-10 months old.

pauljr456

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Imports can be as calm as CBB and be parasite free. CBB generally hatch between June and September at the latest. If he was CBB he would be closer to 7-10 months old.

well hes 10 inches

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Based on what I know of tegus, I would say import. Unless you can get a hold of the breeder and find out hatch dates and other specific info, I would say import.

Now import or CBB, it doesn't matter either way. Both can grow to be tame as the other, parasites would be the biggest concern with an import, but if you have had that checked you are good.

By the way, welcome to the forum and congrats on the tegu.

pauljr456

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Based on what I know of tegus, I would say import. Unless you can get a hold of the breeder and find out hatch dates and other specific info, I would say import.

Now import or CBB, it doesn't matter either way. Both can grow to be tame as the other, parasites would be the biggest concern with an import, but if you have had that checked you are good.

By the way, welcome to the forum and congrats on the tegu.

Thx you and the breeder said it wasn't an import and that it depends on how you keep the enviorment

got10

This is the time of year for imports. But every tegu is a great tegu regardless of where it was hatched. maybe we can have a play date lol

pauljr456

5 Year Member
got10 said:
This is the time of year for imports. But every tegu is a great tegu regardless of where it was hatched. maybe we can have a play date lol

Lol where do you live that would be awsome to do that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu