• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

baby argentine b/w tegu sunburn

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Sun burnt? You mean like the light in his enclosure burned him?

Can you post pics? That'll help us help you out.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think the bulb could burn him if it is 2' away. It is going to be really hard to help without pics, I would say get him to the vet.

Logie_Bear

My friend has a savannah that got sunburn like that on her back. According to the guy we purchased her from, she got the burn from too much UV right after winter and having a reduction of UV rays. Whether this is true or not, I am not sure. It was the first I ever heard of a lizard getting sunburn. But, you can pick up Burn Heal liquid from alot of petstores. Its made from different natural oils and works well. Also neosporin that does NOT have pain the relief should work well too.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Neosporin really does do the trick, as stated above. I would still check with the vet though. Keep us posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu