• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

B&W Tegu Log

AvaHal12

I am starting to log the progress or lack of progress with my tegu I received on August 2nd. So far I know the tegu is eating, drinking and shedding only because what I see in his enclosure. I only see a dashing lizard when I get five feet from the enclosure. The enclosure is 8'x3.5'x3.5'... Two inches of mulch on one side... Four inches on the other I had two hides... One on the cool side and one on the hot side. I took the one in the hot side out and replaced it with a nice large stone. So far no positive interaction... He/she is never out when I am working in the enclosure. Tell me if I messed up. On Thursday I though the tegu was not hiding under the hot sides cover. When I lifted it up and saw it I put the cover down immediately an closed up the enclosure. Right now I am sitting four feet from the glass and he/she is poking it's head out staring at me. I move he/she moves into hide. Any advise? Doing something right? Need to do more? My ears (eyes) are open.

FYI... This is one beautiful lizard!!! Thank you, Bobby Hill. I will post pictures once he settles down.

katoeLAZARO

Idk. When I got mine he didn't have much of a place to hide. But what I do is put a big rock on the heating spot so no hiding and getting heat he must always come out and lay on it to get heat. He also just had a hide in less then an inch of bark to hide under sounds bad but he had no chance but to see me and interact. I also manhandled mine but now he has a good hide he comes out and he stares at me still but I can pick it up and he minds but doesn't run away. In your case its pretty hard to tell. The younger they are the more skittish they are because they lack the size. Maybe when he/she gets a little bigger it wouldn't be as nervous to show its self. Besides its been a few days am I right? In its new cage it takes a time to get use too.

corruptphantasm

my little one i got from bobby he was EXACTLY the same way at first but my cage is in my room so what i did was i ignored him id sit here on my computer or i would play xbox or watch tv im about 3-4 feet away from my cage (cage is 8x4x3) he would poke out look at me and i would ignore him when i moved he would run but i ignored that too and just lit him be hel take a couple weeks to adjust so be patient now week and a half later he dosnt run anymore and ill sit there with my hand on his basking spot and hel come over and check me out and see whats up then lay down next to my hand and i can pet him but i cant pick him up yet but i can tell positive progress everyday i sit like with my arms in the cage and hes getting used to seeing me.

so be patient work in the cage a little dont move too much stuff around but like change the water level little mulch build with mulch and what not or just sit there but no matter what just ignore what he does when you work if he runs dont worry hel come back to look at you when he realizes your not trying to eat him/her

also my little one is in 8 inches of mulch plenty of places to hide and everything but my favorite thing is he has tunnels all over hel go in his hide and hel come up across the cage just to peak at me and watch me. sometimes when i come home from being gone ill come in to see him like laying with his head up on the door looking for me its really cute lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980