• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Avocados ok??

JimB

I watched Rodney's feeding video and he includes Florida Simmons (?) Avocados in his Tegu Mixture. So I did the same however I used regular greenish/blackish Organic Avocados. I've since been told that they may be hazardous to my Tegu's well being.
What do you all think?
Thanks!

Ok, I may have answered my own question, just checked out the 'updated' Tegu Food list and Avocados aren't listed. So unless someone says they're ok, I think I'll stop using them.

Thanks again!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I watched Rodney's feeding video and he includes Florida Simmons (?) Avocados in his Tegu Mixture. So I did the same however I used regular greenish/blackish Organic Avocados. I've since been told that they may be hazardous to my Tegu's well being.
What do you all think?
Thanks!

Ok, I may have answered my own question, just checked out the 'updated' Tegu Food list and Avocados aren't listed. So unless someone says they're ok, I think I'll stop using them.

Thanks again!
Jim- I'll just say that I don't know and I've not fed them avacado.

JimB

Thanks! I've decided since they aren't listed in the food list I won't take any changes ... I tried it because I wanted to mimic what Rodney was feeding since I got him from TegusOnly (although the Avocados were of a different variety).
Thanks again!