• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

average size?

TeguLouie

my little guy(i think) is one year old as of this month and he is 32" long. i havent weighed him but he feels about 7-8 lbs. im just wondeering if he is growing at the right pace. his diet consists of 1/3lb hamburger with grapes or similar fruit, 1/3 lb turkey burger mixed with beef liver and calcium and vitamins, he was eating 4 mice ata time so i moved him up to rat pups the other day, but he hasnt eaten it yet. his temps are 100-105 on his hot side and 80-85 on the cool. he gets free range time for 1-5 hrs a day with about 1.5 hrs outside every other day. his cage is a 4x2x2 right now but im looking for a4x4x8 foot cage or im going to make him a 29"D by 3'T by 10' L with a doggy door to come out and roam. just havent gotten stuff to do it yet.

anyones help for his growth would be appreciated thank you

i also bathe him everyday for about an hour

Ujarak

As far as growth, all of them are different. From the sound on it hes growing and eating normally. I have a male thats a little older and is 39'' but have heard of some reaching 48'' in not much over a year old so as long as your care is good he will grow and develop normally.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds about right to me, my male was about 3' by a year old and 3.5 by winter, he just turned 2 yesterday and is 50-51" and 16lbs

ragnew

I've gotta 2011 Extreme as well (Birthday was between 6/25 - 6/27) and he's sitting about 42" right now. I have yet to actually weigh him, but Brahm is pretty decent sized. Sounds like they all grow at different rates based on what I've heard / read. Did your '11 hibernate last year? Brahm has yet to do it so that might be why he's a bit larger. It's been an awesome year. I honestly couldn't be any happier with my Tegu. :)

TeguLouie

ragnew said:
I've gotta 2011 Extreme as well (Birthday was between 6/25 - 6/27) and he's sitting about 42" right now. I have yet to actually weigh him, but Brahm is pretty decent sized. Sounds like they all grow at different rates based on what I've heard / read. Did your '11 hibernate last year? Brahm has yet to do it so that might be why he's a bit larger. It's been an awesome year. I honestly couldn't be any happier with my Tegu. :)

yea he hibernated for about 6 months last year september to feb/march time frame. thank you guys for the advice, i figured all was normal just wanted to check and make sure.

update on his eating, i fed him four mice the day before yesterday, yesterday he wanted nothing to do with his food, today i gave him tub time and took him for a walk and he ate two rat pups like it was nothing, then he went to bed a happy fat lizard lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu