• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

as time goes by will my tegu get smarter?

Anthony

5 Year Member
she wouldnt eat in the bin today and started atacking her rock again... biting it over and over again ... everytime i offered her turkey shed climb over it like it wasnt even there... finally after putting her face to face with the turkey numerous times she ate some... the feeding bin has been hit or miss with me and the fact my tegu use to eat her substrate and bites her rock on more then one occasion kind of worries me however i been telling myself shes so young shes like a new born puppy or even a new born human baby would eat stuff there not suppose too.... im just hoping when shes a adult she eats a lot easier in the bin or out on the kitchen floor without just wondering off like the food isnt even there..... any thoughts?... ps i always have some crickets in there when im not home and today was first day there were none left in there but tommorow im gona buy 36 of them since im getting my red tommorow

Beasty

5 Year Member
My boy, Z eats particular parts of his cypress so much I took it ALL out today after finding the bark looking pieces in his crap for like a week now. That's enough, let's not get impacted. ;) I suppose I'll have to get some Eco-Earth or something for his cage. Hopefully that will work and he'll grow out of the bark eating phase by the time he needs the colossal enclosure.
So, don't feel like the Lone Ranger, it's happening here too. He's a sweet-heart but not real bright it seems. Guess it was hurting his belly yesterday and he was freakin' out on me, BIG time, like I did something to him. He passed some bark this morning and again today right before I took all the cypress out. Now maybe he'll actually eat more food and have a big growth spurt before hibernation time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu