• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Are waterfall foggers bad to raise humidty

timmah

5 Year Member
So I did everything I could do get the humidity up, I even spray and it stays around 40%, I have as much of the top covered as possible. Would it be wize to use a waterfall with fogger attatchment or would that cause respatrory infection?

wyattroa

5 Year Member
what are you covering the top with? I was having trouble holding humidity. What i did was take two towel and soak them and lay them on top of the screen top. I soak the towels every 3 days or so. I also mist the cage once a day..Humidity stays around 75-80% for me
robert

timmah

5 Year Member
I use industrial plastic taped on the stop. The problem is where th UVB and Infered light shine down on, there isnt really anyway to cover the screen around them as they got hot. I spray twice a day and the eco earth gets super dry and dusty in no time. I was thinking of putting a layer of organic top soil on the botton of the cage then put the bark over that to hold in more moisture.

Another idea would be to put a damp spounge in the cage.

wyattroa

5 Year Member
i have eco earth also in my cage.. did you wring the eco earth out when you put it in? Ever since i put mine in it has held humidity great. I never really wringed mine out though. I put it in very wet and damp. My top layer will get dry.. but then i just mist the tank and mix it up.. and everything under that top layer is still wet.
robert

Tkeller

5 Year Member
wyattroa said:
i have eco earth also in my cage.. did you wring the eco earth out when you put it in? Ever since i put mine in it has held humidity great. I never really wringed mine out though. I put it in very wet and damp. My top layer will get dry.. but then i just mist the tank and mix it up.. and everything under that top layer is still wet.
robert

I do the exact same thing with my Eco Earth, and mine stays areound 65 to 70%. Just misting maybe every 3 days after that.

Reflektr

5 Year Member
I've heard waterfalls collect a ton of bacteria, and are wicked messy. When I had my ringneck, the substrate I used would get dusty quick if you didn't stay right on top of the mixing and misting ritual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu