• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Arcadia and Tegus

CaptainSpooky

5 Year Member
Hey folks, in a couple of months I'll be bringing home a baby tegu, and I was wondering what your experiences with Arcadia for heating and uvb have been. I've heard good things about Arcadia's 12% uvb bulbs, I think they're pretty solid but I'm mostly curious about basking heat sources. Has anybody used their deep heat projectors for tegus? Do you guys have other suggestions for heat?

Thank you!

Acre

Just make sure you get a proper dome fixture whatever bulb you use, The mirrored ones used for chickens throw the heat and UV forward; others let lots of it leak out the top (especially the heat).
With these I can heat Colubrid snakes with a 25 watt mini-flood. Saves a boatload on electricity. For the Tegus I'm using 80 watt Zoomed Powersuns for the heat and UV and generating hot spots of 105F a foot away. The metal guards can be removed if the bulb sits on top of the cage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980