• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

aquarium decor for reptiles ?

mars

Hey all I was at my local pet smart today and I saw that most of the cool decorations there wer for aquarium use . But they didn't seem too different from the decor in the reptile area. My question is it safe to use those pieces of decor in your tank . I was just concerned because some backing spots do get hot and I just didn't know if the paints wer to harm any reptile that are on decor as always thanks dudes :p

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A cheaper (less attractive) option would be to go to home depot or lowes and get some pvc pieces. There are all sorts of shapes and sizes, I wish I would have thought of it when my tegus were smaller.
You can also use wood pieces from outside, just make sure you sanitize it/bake it.
I do not know how well the aquatic decorations will hold up in heat.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Yeah, i noticed that as we'll, i get all my basking rocks from that section or find them outside. rhetoricx is right, that's good advice, i could buy about 6fake plants at home depot for the price of one small plant or hide from a pet store.

jdpFL

My husband went to a local business that sells just rocks...for landscaping, etc....and was able to pick out PERFECT basking rocks, any size or shape....cost? A buck a piece. Soon as you slap a pet store label on it, the prices get ridiculous.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu