• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone Like or Love Rainforest Dragons?

ae9o9e.jpg

rsdf6x.jpg

2eupj4n.jpg

29mxiq8.jpg

2i1lgy8.jpg

k4xh90.jpg

2jfn8fq.jpg

2ns14dw.jpg

2nimbyx.png

Also commonly known as Tree dragons, River dragons, Rainforest dragons, Angle-Headed lizards, Combed dragons etc....these lizards mainly comprise the genus Gonocephalus(16 species) and Hypsilurus(at least 13 species) of the Agamid family. Gonocephalus distribution includes the western side of Wallace's Line, as well as western Indonesia & Malaysia. Hypsilurus distribution encompasses the eastern side of Wallace's Line, on into Irian Jaya, and the surrounding islands such as New Guinea & the Solomon Islands, and then down through Australia. The Gonocephalus attain lengths mostly on the smaller side, from ~8"-30", whereas Hypsilurus are a bit on the larger side, from ~14" to well over 36", according to some reports.

Nytes_Haven said:
Wow they are gorgeous, not to mention, looking somewhat prehistoric, lol.

arent they? i just love/adore them like i do sailphin dragons, alligator snapping turtles, and tegus and iguanas!!! :D nice too meet you!! :D
reptastic said:
Yeah they are pretty cool, look like Chinese water dragons on steroids lol

oh god i adore the chinese water dragons especially male ones. theyre so beautiful. how r u btw? sorry not so talkative past few days : /

Nytes_Haven said:
reptastic said:
Yeah they are pretty cool, look like Chinese water dragons on steroids lol

LOL that a pretty good analogy, now where is Godzilla???

you want Godzilla? he died : / look up the largest species of alligator to ever live : P personally <.< my godzillas of the reptile world are alligators crocs green anacondas, reticulated pythons, and kamodos and galapagos marine and land iguanas and the blue iguana oh and the mossy new caledonian giant gecko. :D and sailphin dragons and tegus XD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980