• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone interested in a herper exchange program?

dorton

5 Year Member
I was just thinking, it would be alot of fun to
set up some weekend trips to different parts of the
US on herping trips. There are lots of cool people on this board I wouldn't mind hanging out with in person, and what better way than going out and flipping logs!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am down. Summer months are alot better for me with school though! More herps are out and about anyways. :)

dorton

5 Year Member
I don't know, just thought it would be a cool way to get to hang out with some of the people off the board. I am up for suggestions too if anyone wants to throw some ideas out.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd really love to herping for Hellbenders (Cryptobranchus alleganiensis) in the PA range. Their population is considered to be dwindling and I would really like to get out there before it could be too late.
hellbenderphoto_j.humphries21.JPG

hellmap_historicvscurrent.jpg

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
I'd really love to herping for Hellbenders (Cryptobranchus alleganiensis) in the PA range. Their population is considered to be dwindling and I would really like to get out there before it could be too late.
hellbenderphoto_j.humphries21.JPG

hellmap_historicvscurrent.jpg

Awesome pic, ever seen the GIANT ones from Japan?

(Not to say that that isn't giant)

dorton

5 Year Member
This summer I will have access to a friend of mines land that backs up to National Park land that is situated in the Appalachian Mtns. I am super excited to get to head up there to see what I can find.

Puff,
Where I am talking about is right smack dab in the middle of the yellow on that map. I will get topo map of the area and get some better ideas on what it will be like.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Right on Dorton! I am down!!! Mike, the Giants in Japan are just that, GIANT!!! And just as fantastic. I have never seen one in person but watch the episode on Discovery in full everytime it's own. I love newts and sallys!!

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Right on Dorton! I am down!!! Mike, the Giants in Japan are just that, GIANT!!! And just as fantastic. I have never seen one in person but watch the episode on Discovery in full everytime it's own. I love newts and sallys!!

Me too, I think newts and salamanders don't get enough attention, I love them! I've seen the GIANTS in person. Amazing what nature can throw at you, eh?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980