• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone in NJ/Fish & Wildlife Permit

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Does anyone live in NJ? Do you actually purchase the exotic species permit each year? If not, do you have any problems with the po po or others when you take your lizard out in public?

olympus

5 Year Member
IMG_0936.jpg

I have mine and I update them every year. It's almost time to update mine again, it's about 10 dollars a year. Some times the cops ask to see my permit when I go out into the street with my tegu but really they just want to hold it. I don't see why you shouldn't get it though.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Wow! The cops actually ASK to see your permit...yeesh? So once you have the permit you can go anywhere where pets are allowed with it? I noticed that the site mentions that you need to have all of your receipts in order to get the permit. Well, for one, I don't have any receipts because some of the animals were from rescue and some are legal in NYC without a permit. ... and a few I'm not supposed to have in NYC

On a side note: I always feel odd going into stores and stuff since I don't see dogs in there...maybe I should stop doing that lol.

olympus

5 Year Member
If you are cool with someone at a petco or pet smart like me you can get it from there. I think if it is a rescue and you provide the info it is acceptable. I might be wrong though.
The cops sometimes ask me for my permit because they think my tegu is illegal or poisonous. No one has a tegu anywhere in my neighborhood so they have no idea what it is.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have never bothered with them. But, think I will eventually once my tegu's get larger. Can't hurt to have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.