• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone have a Cuban Rock Iguana and a Tegu

Chuey

5 Year Member
I have a a sub-adult old Cuban Iggie and an full grown Tegu. Anyone know how their animals would get alone if they were both put on the floor in the same room (fully supervised of course)?

I havn't tried but just curious.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Definitely not, that would be a very irresponsible thing to do. Not only are you asking for trouble(rock iguana are very territorial) and could end up with an injured or worst animal, but you have to take in to consideration that they can pass on things like bacteria that may not be harmful to one lizard but could be detrimental to the other, trust me, I had both Tegus and iguanas(green and rhino) and just judging by the iguanas body language when the Tegus were present was enough for me to know they wouldn't get along. Even under supervision things can happen, iguanas are quick and van cause damage within seconds, especially if your iguana is a male. Please do not attempt this.

Chuey

5 Year Member
I'm less worried about the Tegu. than the iggie. The Iggie is kind of a douchebag! When he see a smaller lizard he will put on a display. But when he see the Tegu he cowers.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mines had no fear lol, almost all the tegus were much larger than him and a few could easily make a meal out of him, but he would still head bob and make his displays, when ever he seen them, he even tried to get to my green iguana a few times and this was a huge 4.5 foot male. Guess you can say he wasn't the.smartest in the bunch lol

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pretty much lol, my green iguana knew it though so he made sure to stay clear of the Tegus lol even though he was about the same size as the biggest one only she was more on the heavy side lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980