• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anyone experienced with Ig's here?

TeguPuppy

Substrate is gone. Now I have just the PVC floor of the cage, which I can wipe down easily. Showered with her again to get her to poop, which she did. She's munching on her free choice mustard greens, which is great...and I've got some building plans in the works.

I didn't realize how small a 24 cube would be until she was in it. I wasn't taking my time when I ordered that...it's barely better than the 50gal I had her in when she was given to me. I kind of feel like an idiot.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Substrate is gone. Now I have just the PVC floor of the cage, which I can wipe down easily. Showered with her again to get her to poop, which she did. She's munching on her free choice mustard greens, which is great...and I've got some building plans in the works.

I didn't realize how small a 24 cube would be until she was in it. I wasn't taking my time when I ordered that...it's barely better than the 50gal I had her in when she was given to me. I kind of feel like an idiot.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
You’re definitely not an idiot. I would say a bit impulsive on the purchase!

TeguPuppy

Holidays have been crazy. Cage is not quite done, but in the meantime Libby spends the majority of her day in my second bathroom, which I have ig-proofed and made suitable with basking areas, etc. I'd like to have her free roaming like the gu's are set up to do when she gets bigger, but for safety reasons I need to keep them on separate levels of the house, I think.

She's been super active and curious...and much less friendly, haha.

She's grown about a quarter inch svl and weighs 3oz, unfortunately I didn't weigh her when I got her but going forward I'll be tracking it. I also have been notating her sheds, last body shed was 12/24, her head is in shed now. She moves a LOT better.

Strictly sticking to the green ig society diet has worked well. She's eating more and more, I make sure she has free choice greens at all times.

Edit: I attached a video I took awhile back. Just for fun.
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a455991dddac/VID_34890708_020417_675.mp4

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny