• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

anybody have pics of their year old tegus? (08 extremes)

herpnerd

5 Year Member
So I got my extreme, Goliath, from Bobby last year. I did not hibernate him and he is around 38 inches right now. He is very nice and eats well but I was wondering where everyone else was in size with their tegus from last year?

I don't really care if he is male or female as his temperament is great, but he does not have much in the way of jowls nor have I been able to locate the "buttons" males are suppose to have just past the vent (hard to determine if he has bulges as well)

Any info on when jowls show up and/or buttons would be great, but pics of your tegus at ~15 months would be perfect.

herpnerd

5 Year Member
Yeah I've been thinking that may be the case for the last 2 months. thanks for the reply. Is there anyone else out there with pics of their yearlings?

here are a couple of Goliath from today.
(male/female?)

Attachments

• 100_0717.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 5
  • 100_0713.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 4
  • 100_0712.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 2

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here's the last pic I got of Boon(2008 extreme) before he went down. He hibernated almost 7 months his first year but still put on tons of size during the summer.

newpic.jpg

herpnerd

5 Year Member
nice tegu!

I was wondering if he had noticeable buttons by his vent? That seems like the best way to determine male/female at this size. Goliath does have lots of skin around his neck but its not filled out like Boon's and size-wise they seem about the same.

thanks for the pic!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yours absolutely would have spurs already if it was a male. If you are still not convinced you can look for the hemipenes to protrude when it defecates or for sperm plugs in the feces.

Mine are already down for the winter but here is the last recent pic I have. I think it's early August.
CIMG2799.jpg

CIMG2803.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu