• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Anybody ever been ran out of the cage. lol

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
I was trying to spot clean merlin my b&w and he rushed me mouth open like a bull straight at my hand until my hand was out of the cage. funniest thing i have ever seen, but i wolnt lie i jumped and was like wtf. and he is only about 14in long.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh yeah!? Check this out...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWk109g0Czk&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWk109g0 ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
wow just seen a sick video of some ignorant guys. i dont know how to post the youtube link but its call edy vs largato. makes me want to due mass physical harm to those people.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Might have been already dead but none the less horrific. I flagged for animal abuse.

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
i doubt it was u can see the tail moving, i was bored and there are alot if vids like that from hitting with rock to there dogs eating them. that **** isnt right

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The answer is yes, I have been run out a few times. Most of the times were due to females nesting. The video shows what I think is a nesting female, It looks like she has a nest somewhere close by and is guarding her nest.

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
Hey bobby its jon from ohio i had gotten the 2 red from you a few months back. what in the world is my b&w going thru puberty or something anytime my hand gets in his cage he rushes me now just recently started this crap and no matter what he bites and continues to do so. lol it was cute the first ten times he bit me now it is just annoying makes it hard to clean his cage alil and water bowl. and i have never dropped him or mistreated him he is the one that escaped for months then just popped up while feeding one of my monitors. lol he is litterally like a guard dog

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
LOL, yea closest to ever getting bit in my life was me moving mulch when i thought groxy wasn't in her tank she exploded out of the mulch and charged me. i was so scared i flew back and slammed the back of my head agains the lip of the door opening. she was at the enterance of her tank, huffing and puffing, and i truely did at that moment fear for my life. i was on my back in front of her tank with her sitting at my feet giving me the stinkeye.

turns out she was as suprised as i was. only difference is she chose "Fight" and i chose "Flight" lol, she's faster than me. i'm lucky she loves me.

Edit: lol alpine, i got stuck staring at your avatar for like 3 minutes before i regained concious control.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Kharnifex said:
Edit: lol alpine, i got stuck staring at your avatar for like 3 minutes before i regained concious control.

The same thing happened to me lol! I was like, what is that? Ooohh....and then snapped out of it 5 minutes later!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I would never guess that tegus could be this aggressive. My tegu is just so little and innocent looking. To think that someday he might charge at me in lunacy is something that I just can't visualize.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Kharnifex said:

The same thing happened to me lol! I was like, what is that? Ooohh....and then snapped out of it 5 minutes later!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I would never guess that tegus could be this aggressive. My tegu is just so little and innocent looking. To think that someday he might charge at me in lunacy is something that I just can't visualize.
Eventually he'll go through a "puberty" stage and he'll go nuts for a little while. Just wait him out and he'll be fine.

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
groxy's the same way, she's sweet as pudding, just don't expose your toes when shes hungry or wake her unexpectedly. those are her two rules. besides those she's harmless as a puppy.

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
i trust putting my hand in with my hungry blackthroat nore than my lil b&w he is officially nutz. lol he doesnt care what is happening he is like a pissed of pitbull. but even if he stays this way he is still my first tegu. And yeah i have a bunch of avatars like that lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yea, there is a good chance he will get over it, some tegus seem to go through stages just like children. But, some tegus would rather not be handled. This is why I try to breed tame tegus to tame tegus, it gives me a better chance to produce babies that will be tame.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Yea, there is a good chance he will get over it, some tegus seem to go through stages just like children. But, some tegus would rather not be handled. This is why I try to breed tame tegus to tame tegus, it gives me a better chance to produce babies that will be tame.

Is this true even if you handle them daily from the time they are a baby?

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
I dont know but it is always a possibility. lol he could be 5years old and never gave a prob, then he just might wake up on the wrong side of the cyprus one day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.