• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

any pics of varnyard b&w tegu??

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I cant post any pics at the moment, but after owning 6 varnyard tegus i can tell you, you will not be disappointed trust me, you were getting a black nose right?

btw if you want you can do a search on my threads, look for nero, achilles, gozar or rayne(those were/are my varnyard b/w's) you can find pics on all of them, now if you want to see a gorgeous high contrast varnyard red look up pyro lol

adam1120

no i ask him for a high white if he could. im soo excited i cant wait i havent been able to alseep and its like two months away haha im gunna look them up rght now:D have you ever hearded of the site cureuv.com? say the uv bulbs decay only 30 percent its whole life compared to other that do at 60 percent after 6 months price not bad either if works

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Cool, the high whites are awesome, i have a male from royXmagnolia. Roy make some awesome high white babies and magnolia is a gorgeous high white

rayne
31_01.jpg

Btw i havnt heard of that company before but i checked them out, i would get a uv meter to test them out an see if their claim is true sounds great though!

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
I love posting pics of my girl... she will be 2 this year

fresh out the box
IMGP0492.jpg

IMGP0495.jpg

now... look at that belly!

000_0002-1.jpg

000_0001-1.jpg

101_0955.jpg

100_0420.jpg

adam1120

does bobby let you ask for high white or does he just mail out since he i now he has alot to send out? i love them high whites soo much:D and i love the orange belly also:D

Maro1

31_01.jpg

Btw i havnt heard of that company before but i checked them out, i would get a uv meter to test them out an see if their claim is true sounds great though!
[/quote]
Cureuv.com site says:
From professional caregivers, to zoos, to home reptile pet hobbyists, this UV bulb is a must have for all situations. Vets and researchers alike have repeatedly arrived at the conclusion that the closest imitation (of the sun) regarding the needed UV Spectral light for a reptile is our Mega-Ray UV lamp. These UV lamps have proven to be exceptional for developing 25-OH vitamin D3 for optimal health and for the treatment of metabolic bone disease (MBD).

M4A2E4

Most other people's Varnyard tegu's seem to look a tad different than mine; my tegu has a lot of brown coloration and seems to be developing a black nose.
The picture below is a little over a month old I believe.
P5020194.jpg

Oh, and he also has quite a bit of yellow on his back. Well, not quite as much anymore; really only clearly visible under the MVB light.

HPIZZLE

M4A2E4, that is a beautiful tegu!!!

how does selecting high whites work? does bobby email before he mails them out? ive talked to him on the phone but i didnt ask these questions, simply because i wasnt thinking of them at the time. also, i already told him i want a female, but is that all confirmed before they are sent out?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bobby only has select highwhite breeders, as soon as raynes clutch dropped and i saw pics of the parents i specificly asked for one from that clutch, you have to ask when you make your deposit, with so many people making deposit(especially since he already sold out before they even hatched) you gotta ake request like that early

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine is an older tegu but is darker, too. The darkness isn't so evident on these pictures, but she has that same dark color on top of her neck, yellow spots on her back, and a deep orange belly. She was from Dark Lady and Zeus.

baby
Kreacher7-3.jpg

orange belly
orangebelly.jpg

maybe 2 yrs old
Koutside.jpg

head shot
Kreacherhead.jpg

HPIZZLE

reptastic said:
Bobby only has select highwhite breeders, as soon as raynes clutch dropped and i saw pics of the parents i specificly asked for one from that clutch, you have to ask when you make your deposit, with so many people making deposit(especially since he already sold out before they even hatched) you gotta ake request like that early

oh okay.
ill be happy with whatever i get tbh, lol.:)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Anything you get from bobby is definately gonna be nice, he breeds some pretty awesome tegus, i wish he bred blues

adam1120

why doesnt he breed blues? i think i ask him that i think he said cus there alot of inbreeding i could see him having the best blues if he did tho:D

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thats exactly why he dosent breed them, if he had some that wasnt from the original 6, some fresh blood lines i'd bet he'd breed them, they would be some of the best especially since he selectively breeds rather than just throw a male/female tegu together

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Possibly due to the fact noone really knows much about were they are found in the wild and that could make a difference in the exporting, columbia dosnt really have any bans on exporting and the original 6 were exported with a shipment of columbians

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu