• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

ANTS!!

sunshine22

5 Year Member
Today I saw ants in my tegu's tank. Last time I saw ants in there I took all the ecoearth out of the bottom and put new stuff in. Should I do it again or is it okay?

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I would move the cage and make sure none are in the dirt. If they are I would change it. Put something less expensive in and see if the ants stay out. Then you can add the eco earth back in. Maybe spray the cage with Reptile Relief or Nix and it may deter them from getting into it. I would also buy some ant bait. WalMart sells a brand in a clear package. It is a stcky liquid inside. I can't think of the name of it to save my life but it is in the insecticide isle. But any way it is really good stuff for those little ants that are so hard to get out of your house.I have used it before . Where I live their are ants of all kind and we are constantly battling them. LOL

AB^

5 Year Member
As long as there isnt food to attract the ants and you are able to locate and erase their trails the ants shouldnt return after you get rid of them, In my experience ground turkey seems to draw ants to the cage quicker than other foods, needless to say they have wiped out entire cricket and roach colonies of mine in the past.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here we have the dreaded fire ants and they are nasty little guys.

You can bag up your substrate and nuke it in the microwave; this will kill them without using pesticides.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
We've got Fire ants, red ants, black ant and Sugar ant's . My yard has them all and I'm am about sick of ants myself. The little buggers have messed up my honey bees this week. II'm going to poison my whole yard. I hate too but I don't know what else to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.