• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Angel

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Well the first day I got Angel she was around 32-36 inches long. Now she's about 28 inches. The reason being for some reason, I still have no clue why, she dropped her tail in the middle of the night. It's slowly yet surely starting to grow back. She can be somewhat skittish when she's out on my floor but as soon as I pick her up she is totally mellow. She's the biggest escape artist I've ever had, but so far I've gone three weeks with her staying in the cage...hurray!! Dnt ask me how she gets out cuz I still havent figured it out and I dnt worry about it cuz theres nothing in my room she can get into that she isnt supposed to. As soon as I bring her outside she tries to find ways to get out of the yard, I keep a carful eye on her of course and she has a little leash, so escaping is her passion.

First day I got her
HPIM1126.jpg

iu052.jpg

And her today
SSPX0368.jpg

SSPX0370.jpg

SSPX0372.jpg

SSPX0383.jpg

SSPX0385.jpg

Beasty

5 Year Member
Nice lookin girl. That's crazy she just dropped her tail like that.
She looks pretty chilled.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Really strange about the tail. Is it possible something fell on it when she escaped from her enclosure? That's about the only thing I can think of. She looks great though! They always look super happy outside.

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
No she was in her cage the night she lost it and still there the next morning and when I turned her lights off her tail was definatly still attached, but I woke up turned the lights on didnt look and she stayed in her cage all day. When I got back from the barn at about 11 I went to get her out to take a bath and her tail was just gone. I looked in the water bowl and there it was. Yes today was her first time outside becuz I was pretty freaked out that shed do something but shes better outside than she is inside. Thank you, when I first got her I was told she only ate once a week so I tried it...didnt work...she was looking thin within a few days so now she gets fed everyday. lol

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was thinking more along the lines that something fell on it, damaged it without you knowing and then she dropped it later on. Maybe something spooked her and she just dropped it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029