• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Am i crazy?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
now im almost positive nero is a female, but i feel two bumps underneath her tail on each side of her vent but when i lift her tail i dont see anything that resembles the bumps like the ones seen on davesdragons red male. could it be just some folded skin i feel or do in fact have a male after all. i never heard anything about a female having anything to resemble bumps. i just knew nero was a female lol.what am i feeling, has anyone else experienced this before?

Jefroka

5 Year Member
I went through this, in fact I posted about it on here. I knew my guy was a male but someone else (redpop) had a gu they weren't sure of the sex. I felt her gu for bumps and could feel two on each side, above the cloaca, but couldn't quite remember if Beauregard's bumps were above or below (towards the tail) his cloaca.

When I got home, I picked my guy up and confirmed his bumps were indeed above the cloaca, but I really wasn't certain if females had the bumps as well.

I went to a local pet store and picked up a known female red that's somewhere between 2-3 yrs of age. I know she is female for a fact because her mate is right beside her. He has huge jowls and I've personally watched the two mate on several ocassions.

She has no bumps above her cloaca like my male and red pops.

If you felt bumps above Nero's cloaca, you have a male.

BTW, the bumps kinda feel like BBs.

...Jefroka

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thats the problem i feel something back there but i dont see anything. could it just be a hard scale on each side? ill post pics a little later.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Dave and reptastic, I don't remember really seeing the bumps that I can feel. Tomorrow or the next day I'll look & if they are visible will look into taking some pics.

reptastic, the bumps are unmistakable to the touch. You should feel a BB sized bump on each side of the vent, above the vent.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu