• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Alice's Taming Journal

TeguPuppy

I'm so glad! I was afraid people would think it was annoying, haha.

Newest update: We are moving to MI! I have condensed my entire life into a single carry-on because I'm awesomely minimalist! I'll still have my same amazing job, so the only thing that's really changing is the time zone...and the climate. I'm anticipating that there will be some challenges (read: tantrums), as she is used to mostly free roaming and she won't be able to do that in MI.

As far as actually getting her there... airlines are fascists when it comes to reptiles in the cabin. My plan is to ship her ahead of time, literally I will be dropping her off at FedEx right before I head to the airport, so I will beat her to the new place. Just in case my flight is delayed, I have made arrangements for someone to be there to collect her if by some miracle she gets delivered before I land.

Wish us luck! Oh, and here's a pic of her saying "Good morning, mom!", LOL. Lately I typically find her on my belly under the covers when I wake up, still trying to determine how she keeps escaping.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
6a5ddf4a9dfa22a8350a09c9896b203f.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm so glad! I was afraid people would think it was annoying, haha.

Newest update: We are moving to MI! I have condensed my entire life into a single carry-on because I'm awesomely minimalist! I'll still have my same amazing job, so the only thing that's really changing is the time zone...and the climate. I'm anticipating that there will be some challenges (read: tantrums), as she is used to mostly free roaming and she won't be able to do that in MI.

As far as actually getting her there... airlines are fascists when it comes to reptiles in the cabin. My plan is to ship her ahead of time, literally I will be dropping her off at FedEx right before I head to the airport, so I will beat her to the new place. Just in case my flight is delayed, I have made arrangements for someone to be there to collect her if by some miracle she gets delivered before I land.

Wish us luck! Oh, and here's a pic of her saying "Good morning, mom!", LOL. Lately I typically find her on my belly under the covers when I wake up, still trying to determine how she keeps escaping.

6a5ddf4a9dfa22a8350a09c9896b203f.jpg
Safe trip to you both.

Zyn

I'm In ohio, so simular winter. Check the forecast depending where you'll be in Michigan the days are already settling in the 60s.

TeguPuppy

Thanks everyone! Yeah I'm betting she'll require some very fancy accommodations, right now the plan is to use a very large tortoise table that I converted to be suitable for a tegu. It's already shipped and waiting for her at the new place.

In the meantime... Look at this little angel. I can't believe that mere weeks ago she was biting and hissing.

e0a16ce1cee62622d67936ae53e4469d.jpg

TeguPuppy

Trouble in MI...

So, she's having a hard time accepting that she's not a free roamer anymore. Lots of escape attempts, plus she snapped at me while I was cleaning the enclosure.

Temps are 75 cool side 85 hot side and the basking spot varies between 110 and 100 over the course of the day (I have a temp gun and it's so much fun to use).

Maybe she needs more time to settle down? In San Diego she had a whole patio to herself plus the run of the house.

TeguPuppy

Ok! We are good! Alice is no longer being a brat. Shes eating without complaint, not trying to escape (I do take her out each day to roam the kitchen while the oven is on...it heats the house and she likes to explore) and the attitude has subsided. It's good timing too, because I'm adopting two more tegus! I figured why not, I have the space, and I got a promotion at work... I think I'm on my way to serious herpetoloculture again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980