• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

advantages to owning a Chacoan?

preston897

are there any advantages to owning an extreme giant over the B&W? other then the color? im in a bind and cant figure out which one to reserve.

skippy

5 Year Member
they're also a little more white: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.varnyard-herps-inc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.varnyard-herps-inc.com/</a><!-- m -->

preston897

yea i love their coloration. im going to reserve my first tegu in about a week. and i am just trying to decide what one to get. im stuck between the black and white and the giant

Greenmanbacchus

5 Year Member
preston897 said:
are there any advantages to owning an extreme giant over the B&W? other then the color? im in a bind and cant figure out which one to reserve.
That's easy...get a giant. The effort. the time, the food, etc are going to be the same either way, and the purchase price is the least of these...don't let that get in your way. That's just my opinion, of course...welcome to the board

GMB

preston897

the purchase price is not an issue. its just the fact that i like them both and i cant decide what to get first. i want them both! and thankyou for welcoming me! i really enjoy this forum so far in my short time here.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Hey Preston why don't you just take a look at some more argentines and giants and which ever you seem to like more go with it but Bobby is out of giants now so reserving one will be the best bet but he still has argentines... I like both but never kept a giant but that might change :-D I'm thinking about getting one of this years hatchlings but I'm also curious to the all americans aswell and the advantage to having one of those is that there's only 32! In the whole world and Bobby produced them for the first time so if you want something that a few selective people have get a all American...blizzard which is a male giant paired up with the female hybrid which is a bluexred hybrid...so they're gonna be interesting as they grow in my opinion

preston897

thats interesting. i did not know that about the all americans. i kind of like the idea of getting one of those 09 b&w because i wont have to wait so long! haha

KSTAR

5 Year Member
well preston i just got my b&w today and its doing great and on top of that im happy as can be so if you dont wanna wait get one! you wont be disappointed and later on get a giant to...one is never enough :-D

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
i have both but i really love the giants color vs the bw but i like the bw too i would reserve a giant and if you like it get a bw next the giant would be the harder one to get your hands on when you can have a good chance at getting a bw later on in the year

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Yup reptastic is right and he/she wouldve been bigger but he/she went down to hibernate so he's still a bit small for his age but I'll change that lol he's gonna come with me to the gym and he's gonna have his own protein shakes and with some ground turkey and pull ups...he/she will catch up with no problem! Lol j/k...well stick to the original tegu diet...

preston897

i think i am kind of leaning towards getting one of last years b&w. maybe one of those jamxwhitney babies. but im still going to be doing some thinking. i dont know why it is such a hard choice!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i would get the b/w they are just as awesome as the giants! you can get a giant later!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.