• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ackies?

rigo

5 Year Member
well... i should be receiving a red trio tomorrow :D once they arrive ill take some pics and post.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They make great pets, I kept them for years. Reds seem to have better tempers, the yellows I had were a bit more stand off.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree with Varnyard, ackies are great. All the personality of a komodo dragon in a small package. You will love them. :wink: :D :)

rigo

5 Year Member
here are a fews pics of my trio.

ackies1.jpg

jvm1019.jpg

jvm1004.jpg

jvm1026.jpg

jvm1012.jpg

I would say they are as "calm" as a tegu. they certainly don't try to bite but they are more energetic, its actually quite a thrill to just watch them run around :lol: . they are definitely the way to go when it comes to beginner varanid species.

dorton

5 Year Member
Nice! I have been trying to talk one of my friends into them.
Lets see some pics of you setup.

playlboi

5 Year Member
what are the major differences between the red and yellow ackies? i am thinking about purchasing a pair later on this year. i see that the reds are more expensive than the yellow ones too, is there a reason for this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980