• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

accidental field herping

Jason

5 Year Member
The joys of working outside in the Arizona desert. This guy was right next to my feet
gilamonster.jpg

I set a ladder up and was standing about 6" from the top of this rattler's head. my co-worker was footing the ladder while i was up top, then i see him jump back and say "woah...careful on your way down, dude!"
rattlesnake.jpg

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WOw a gilla now that is a great find!

The rattler and you and your buddy got lucky no one was hurt.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure it is illegal to keep Gilas in there native locations.

Jason

5 Year Member
it's illegal to keep any native arizona wildlife....except desert tortoises, but they can't be wild caught. It's perfectly legal if someone gives you a hatchling from there captive. I think there's alot of paperwork to do to keep one tho. The tortoise will technically be property of the state that is under your supervision.

brutus13

That's awesome!! Just leave it in it's natural home. Looks healthy and a great find. I'm going night herping next weekend. I doubt I find anything cool like that but we'll see!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu