• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A red and a b&w in the same enclosure?

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
First off they go in there in the winter. all they do in the winter is freakin sleep. do you really need a huge cage just so they can sleep? WTF why is everyone on here today trying to piss me the f*ck off.

All I read was that you keep 3 in a 6'x3'x3'....

From the pictures you took, they must be sleep walking...

And, lighten up and watch your language. It wasn't my choice to house them in such a small enclosure

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
oh man you are pushing my buttons mike. maybe if you opend your eyes alittle and looked at the other post i wrote you wouldnt be a harassing me.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
"Backyard Breeding" is a slanderous term used to describe people who have no idea what they are doing, and hatch eggs without somewhere for them to go. Even if that's not what he meant, that's what the term means, and I find it fairly offensive.

Anyway, they should get along fine, but you have to keep an eye on them for the first couple of hours to make sure everything goes alright. I recently introduced my male B&W to my female Red and they get along fantastically.
IMAGE_00006.jpg

Look at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=793">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=793</a><!-- m --> to see my two getting along and sharing their basking stump. I plan on breeding the two. Their offspring are a crapshoot, but come out very cool sometimes. Black with white dots, tinged with red, sometimes different.

The reason people use terms like "backyard breeding" as an insult is because many inexperienced owners have babies and have no idea what to do with them. They hatchlings have no homes to go to, and something bad ends up happening to them. You just need to be prepared for their sale, because it is unlikely that you are going to be able to keep all of the hatchlings.

you realize theyre different subspecies?
breeding two subsepcies results in a hybrid tegu that lost its own
unique genes.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
snakehandler said:
ApriliaRufo said:
"Backyard Breeding" is a slanderous term used to describe people who have no idea what they are doing, and hatch eggs without somewhere for them to go. Even if that's not what he meant, that's what the term means, and I find it fairly offensive.

Anyway, they should get along fine, but you have to keep an eye on them for the first couple of hours to make sure everything goes alright. I recently introduced my male B&W to my female Red and they get along fantastically.
IMAGE_00006.jpg

Look at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=793">http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=793</a><!-- m --> to see my two getting along and sharing their basking stump. I plan on breeding the two. Their offspring are a crapshoot, but come out very cool sometimes. Black with white dots, tinged with red, sometimes different.

The reason people use terms like "backyard breeding" as an insult is because many inexperienced owners have babies and have no idea what to do with them. They hatchlings have no homes to go to, and something bad ends up happening to them. You just need to be prepared for their sale, because it is unlikely that you are going to be able to keep all of the hatchlings.

unique genes.

Lol. Of course. I don't plan on breeding the kids, and Apollo won't shoot all of his DNA through his load. Hybrids are beautiful, and I think they are very cool. I think people should spend some time and effort crossing tegus to see what they come up with. It's not doing them any harm, and I'm sure Apollo doesn't mind the romp, just because Venus is red. I don't think racism exists in the wild lol, so I won't let it exist in my garage.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
ApriliaRufo said:
snakehandler said:
ApriliaRufo said:

IMAGE_00006.jpg

unique genes.

Lol. Of course. I don't plan on breeding the kids, and Apollo won't shoot all of his DNA through his load. Hybrids are beautiful, and I think they are very cool. I think people should spend some time and effort crossing tegus to see what they come up with. It's not doing them any harm, and I'm sure Apollo doesn't mind the romp, just because Venus is red. I don't think racism exists in the wild lol, so I won't let it exist in my garage.

i live in holland, here race is not a big issue. but anyway, humans dont differ much no maater what colour. but subspecies do differ,
so the comparison between dogs and cats or humans isnt valid.
personally i dont agree with breeding hybrids wheter snakes or llizards or monitors. you know its not just the colour that makes the difference. but yeah americans seem to think different about these things.

AB^

5 Year Member
snakehandler said:
ApriliaRufo said:
snakehandler said:
ApriliaRufo said:

IMAGE_00006.jpg

unique genes.

i live in holland, here race is not a big issue. but anyway, humans dont differ much no maater what colour. but subspecies do differ,
so the comparison between dogs and cats or humans isnt valid.
personally i dont agree with breeding hybrids wheter snakes or llizards or monitors. you know its not just the colour that makes the difference. but yeah americans seem to think different about these things.

Well, Being American and all I can tell you not all of them think different about this particular subject.
IMO Hybrids are crap. Doesnt matter snake or lizard.
People who enjoy hybrids or Man made super inbred morphs dont seem to be able to just enjoy an animal for what has become through evolution. Flavi x Argus monitors, The leo and corn snake morph trade, Cyclura hybrids, lampropeltis x pantherophis crosses.
It's all crap. What's wrong with the way nature built the animal?

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
Bobby: lol reading this through i was gunna say the same thing about your facility (which is a mere dream to us)

as for backyard breeding, usually breeders do some research b4 attempting to breed because they will have to figure out how to start, no? well some info is better than no info. not trying to creat argument, just stating a fact

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
livingroom breeding, bedroom breeding, and backyard breeding
sounds like a adult movie,
anyways, i enjoy threads like this, a little arguement, great pics, and talking about topics that i don't bother to read and making a stupid post like this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980