• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A question for Varnyard

Suzanne

5 Year Member
Hi,
I was wonder how you feel about feeding cat food to tegus? the reason I ask is that the person i bought my tegus from used to feed them cat food.

Schnab

5 Year Member
I don't think it matters much at all, since tegus are omnivorous. You can feed them anything. As long as their diet has a healthy variety.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
I would refrain from using any commercial dog or cat food because most contain fillers, by-products, dyes, and preservatives. It is pretty easy to provide a nutritionally correct and varied diet for your Tegus with a trip to the meat market and an order from one of the rodent companies. The one exception that I use occasionally is the Wysong Au Jus Meat canine canned diet. These products contain only the animal meat and enough water to process it.
http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Wysong-Au-Jus-All-Meats/101057.aspx

Tux

5 Year Member
I don't like feeding dogs and cats commercial food let alone tegus, I know bobby feels the same way on the tegu front as jif pointed out, they are crap. It is much like feeding canned insects in the sense of crappy nutrition and additives not to mention why would you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.