• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A little update

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
Well, since it's been a while since I last posted here, so......here I go.
As some, or most, or all of you may know that, my beautiful red tegu, Vegas has passed away due to an unknown cause, which I believe the cause is a some kind of infection.
I have bought an argentine black and white tegu, and was shipped to me two months ago. He is doing very well, as he ate pinky mice, fuzzy mice, raw chicken, superworms, and a few grapes since he got here. He is named Scars. He has recently came out of shed, successfully, and is somewhat, whiter than ever. He is still very flight, and doesn't seem too comfortable around people just yet. But doesn't seem to be biting. He has slowed down on his feeding, but doesn't seem to be interested in going into hibernation just yet. Which I find it strange, because I shorten the lightings, and reduced the heat. I spray him daily, change his water daily, spot clean his cage daily, and clean the entire cage once every two weeks unless I need to earlier.
He is a little over a foot long, and has grown roughly 4 inches since he got here. My best guess is that he is around 4 months old.

I also got some questions too.
Question 1: My tegu doesn't seem to interested in going into hibernation just yet, will he ever go into the hiberntaion stage around this time of the yeat up in Canada?
Question 2: My tegu has gown roughly 4 inches since he got here 2 months ago, if he does go into hibernation, how big will he be by the spring of 2009?
Question 3: If my tegu does NOT go into hibernation, how big will he get?
Question 4: Is there any place in the Vancouver area that I can get cypress mulch? I have looked EVERYWHERE, and I can't seem to find a big bag of cypress mulch. All I'm using right now is reptile bark (and aspen, when I run out of reptile bark).

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome back KDK!!!

He'll go into hibernation if he wants to.

If he goes into hibernation he won't grow at all.

If he doesn't, his growth will depend on what and how much he eats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.