• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A good fair rehomeing fee

Dana C

I recently paid $200 plus shipping for an adult male. I would think that $175 to $200 would be fair for your size. Shipping this time of year as far West as Illinois and further will set back a buyer another $180 to $200 and will be risky depending where he is shipped and how cold it is. If you can wait a couple of months, re-homing will be more reasonable to a potential buyer.
Having said that, if you can find a buyer on the East Coast, it is very workable.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What ever you're willing to let him go for even then there's always going to be somebody who tries to low ball you and make you think he's not worth that amount. As long as you're comfortable with the price you set or waht someone offers you then it doesn't matter. Some people re home pets for free as long as they go to a good, knowledgeable and experienced owner.

numarix

Here's a picture

Attachments

• 381099_2704130251786_1512632638_2769006_50372275_n.jpg
    381099_2704130251786_1512632638_2769006_50372275_n.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 3

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Since he is a Columbian I think for his size $70 would be fair. They go for $30 to $50 when they are babies. I payed $50 for a hatchling before. I don't know how much it would be for his size. I think he would be fine if you put a reptile heating pad in the box when you shipp him. Good luck with finding him a good home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoeB66ogBI

got10

Try and sell him at the LI expo. I got rid of 5 ball pythons right there in the parking lot . There are people looking for good deals all the time there and if you are not looking to rip people off you should be able to get the little guy a good home' Did you post on craigslist?

baby621

We are not sure if it's a male or female. And Craigslist is not really the best place. When people dont like the fee they flag your post. I cant tell you how many times the we have both posted about Jericho! One of the post said that we're willing to work with coming with a fair rehoming fee and one person was like $20 for Jericho and his whole set up! I offered him the spare light dome that we had for that price! Considering that they arent too common in pet shops on L.I. I thought that $100 was more than fair since we were going to just give them the tank that Jericho is in. Some people on Craigslist think that everything should be free for them!

Dana C

I haven't had any luck posting reptiles on Craigs List. Based upon most of the questions I was asked about some Milk Snakes I wanted to re-home, I wouldn't have sold them to anyone that called and there were very few. Most of the people that did inquire, including supposedly "rescue" people wanted free reptiles. I used "rescue" with a sneer on my face because the places I visited were deplorable. The people had a few snakes in filthy, poorly lit conditions. Their homes were the same. They took in free reptiles and re-homed, (sold) them) which for most was their only income.

OK, enough ranting for one morning...sorry folks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980