• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

a few ?s plz...

leoares27

5 Year Member
Hey everyone...

Could you guys please give me examples of what you feed your bw agentine tegus...schedule wise...I know what they can and can't have, but I am looking for quantity....like, say, crickets everyday, a mouse once a week, stuff like that...

Also, I just wanted to say that Bones, (my tegu) has been out of hibernation for a little over a week and has made such progress in the skiddish department. I take him out everyday, feed him, let him roam a while and put him back. After doing that for about 5 days, he actually climbed on my hand all by himself without me having to scoop him up!!

Also, could you guys maybe post some pics of home built enclosures, I need some ideas for the one I am going to build.

Thanks A lot!!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
leoares27 said:
Hey everyone...

Could you guys please give me examples of what you feed your bw agentine tegus...schedule wise...I know what they can and can't have, but I am looking for quantity....like, say, crickets everyday, a mouse once a week, stuff like that...

Also, I just wanted to say that Bones, (my tegu) has been out of hibernation for a little over a week and has made such progress in the skiddish department. I take him out everyday, feed him, let him roam a while and put him back. After doing that for about 5 days, he actually climbed on my hand all by himself without me having to scoop him up!!

Also, could you guys maybe post some pics of home built enclosures, I need some ideas for the one I am going to build.

Thanks A lot!!

Well thats easy. :)

I feed mine all they care to eat, but mine also hibernate. I only feed one rodent of the right size for the tegu. One chick or duckling. But fish, turkey, eggs, gizzards, hearts and liver, they can have their fill.

leoares27

5 Year Member
Awesome...so just one rodent a week and his fill of other stuff...
cool, I just didn't want to give him to much.
thanks...

anyone have pics of inside home made enclosures?

thanks everyone!!

leoares27

5 Year Member
Could you guys post pics of inside enclosures? I want to get some ideas for Bones' cage (that i'm gonna be building soon) Thanks!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There are other threads about this topic....do a search. :)
...or, you could browse to the housing and enclosures section!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me