• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

A couple of growth pictures.

Herplings

5 Year Member
These pictures are taken 1 year apart to the day. She went off food for about 3 months this winter and was only eating about once every week. She is back on food now thou, she has always been a picky eater.

Thanks for looking.

1 year ago.
30sv81k.jpg

These are from today, one year later.
cnhfo.jpg

veu8n8.jpg

Herplings

5 Year Member
carcharios said:
What do you feed your Tegu?

I mix it up a bit here and there. I feed her eggs, raw, hard boiled, scrambled. Ground chicken, turkey, beef. Rats, quail, liver, shrimp, tuna. She will eat it all, just not massive amounts at a time.

She normally picks at her food all day long here and there, sometimes will only eat once every 2 days or so.

carcharios

5 Year Member
Beautiful specimen. She looks really healthy. I can't wait for Diego to start growing. He's a little bigger than your before pic but hibernated for 11 months. He was finally coming out to eat and sun himself under his lamp, when I moved him to his outside enclosure. Since then, he's only come out here and there, mostly staying in his hide. I wonder how long I'll have to wait until he's comfortable enough to venture out again.

Herplings

5 Year Member
brutus13 said:
Is that one of bobbies babies? All American? Looks amazing!

Thanks guys. :)

No, Bobby did not bred this one. I picked her up off a local breeding by where I live. She is just a B&W.

Herplings

5 Year Member
Thanks for the kind words guys.

She is 36.5 inches from nose to tail tip.

Not a huge beastie like some of you guys own by the time they are 1 years old. I wish she would eat more. She would eat non-stop if I fed her rats all day. :doh But, I wanted to give her a little more of a diet.

themedic

hey man feed her what she loves!!

my tegus eat everything lol, hopefully it stays that way, i dont know if you fed her tuna but mine love it, they kill a can of tuna a day between the two!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu