• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

~_.,-~=` Please Help `=~-,._~

UrgentQuestion

I don't know anywhere else to go for help so I decided to post it here, sorry if I am an annoyance. Anyways, I dug a pong by hand, and it is about 17 feet long and about 7-8 feet wide. It is 3 feet deep then slowly rises to a couple inches deep. I added minnows into the pond and I heard that they reproduce rapidly, and with nothing in my pond to keep the minnows at a stable population I am worried something bad will happen. ( Frogs will leave, frog eggs and tadpoles will be eaten, or the pond might become unhealthy due to all the minnow's pee and poop, etc. ) I have about 15 frogs and 3 toads from what I've seen. Also can or will frogs eat minnows? Does my pond benefit in any way by having them in there? Do or will the minnows eat frog/toad eggs and tadpoles? Thank you so much for your time. -----Here are some pictures (BELOW IN THE ATTACHED FILES) of my pond to give you a better understanding of what I'm talking about-------

Attachments

• pond diagram.png
    pond diagram.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • pond diagram 2D.png
    pond diagram 2D.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 8

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think the minnows will overrun the pond within any reasonable amount of time...
There's always birds that will try to eat those little guys anyway.

Moved your thread to the General Pet Discussion forum.

Dana C

Buy a aquarium fish net. Find someone that has a Tegu. Catch lots of fish. Put them in a zip lock, freeze them and give them to the Tegu person. They will love you for it and the Tegu will be high on life. :)

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The minnows will not overrun the pond with the frogs, birds, snakes and other natural predators keeping them in check. If anything you'll have to add more every now and again unless you add some very good cover(overhanging plants, sticks, debris, etc) in which they can retreat. They will also benefit you by eating a great deal of the mosquito larvae that will inevitably be joining your little ecosystem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980