• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

6x2x2?

anelk002

5 Year Member
Honestly blues are the smallest So I feel that may be big enough for an adult. Only concern I would have would be depth and height. 2' is not that deep but it should it a good while.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Blues have the same size potential as all the others and a 6x2x2 won't last for any adult tegu. I'd say it's too small even for a Columbian. 6x3x3 minimum for a Columbian and I really recommend 8 feet for the other species, Blues included.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Honestly blues are the smallest So I feel that may be big enough for an adult. Only concern I would have would be depth and height. 2' is not that deep but it should it a good while.
Tell me where you heard blues were the smallest? They generally grow to 4ft. My male blue Sobek grew to nearly 4.5ft and I've seen specimens that are closer to 5ft if not 5ft flat. Please elaborate.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
First link doesn't work, second link is Wil, a great breeder's page. I personally know of a blue that the owner says is 57 inches and another that is close to that size at maybe 54. I think both people are members of this forum. I have seen several blues over 4 feet too. Either way, 6x2x2 is too small for any species of tegu. A 6x3x3 could work for a Columbian but I think even a small female Argentine would be a stretch.

mike97

it should be fine until he/she is 2.5-3ft right? but in September ill get a new one. only asking about the size because im looking at getting a slightly grown on one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu