• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

42 inches and still growing?!

tresh

So Ammy got measured today. From the tip of her nose to the end of her tail. While she was sleeping. She's reached 42 inches in length. I find myself wondering about this. She's barely a year old, if that! How big is she going to get?

She's definitely a female, the vet has sexed her and everything, so there's not going to be any SURPRISE IT'S A BOY for me, but holy moly, she just keeps growing.

I was told that females reach about 3 feet, and that's usually with growth til they hit 2 years. If she's just barely a year old, how big is she going to get?

lol...I don't care either way, it's just shocking to me that barely a month ago, she was 36 inches, and today, she's nearly 42. She's growing like a weed!

Anyways, attaching a few pictures of her so folks can see how big she's grown! :)

Attachments

• 524078_131712693633686_114042901_n.jpg
    524078_131712693633686_114042901_n.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 6-23-12-3.jpg
    6-23-12-3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 6-23-12-6.jpg
    6-23-12-6.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 8

Arxilca

5 Year Member
More pictures, more pictures! Preferably with all sorts of things next to her so we can get even more sense of scale, too. Oh, and I LOVE her nose! It looks so cool. She's a beauty!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Idk what it is about black noses but every one i see tends to be very large, my female hit 51" before i lost her, here at barely a year old she was about 2" shy of 4', she did drop 11" of her tail before she passed, i have a friend who has a male blk nose thats 5' long, looks like you will have a very big girl lol

Nero at 10mos.
a3.jpg

tresh

I'm cool with her being a big girl, I'm just wondering what's going to happen if I decide to breed her. I'd almost be tempted to start looking for another black-nose, a male, and see what happens. I know Varnyard was going to breed for the trait, but as far as I know...he never did make it something he was breeding for. Maybe the black noses are between the normals and the extremes? I don't know.

If she gets to be 5 feet, I'll have a fun time trying to carry her around! lol. She'll be almost as long as I am! Time to invest in the dog stroller.

turtlepunk

I thought Bobby did used to breed black noses, because last year when i put down my deposit for an extreme, he had a section for black noses for sale too! But it's no longer up! IDK why. Im wondering if the blacknoses have some extreme in them too because when i put a deposit down for a tegu last year, it was for an extreme, well, I got my tegu and he turned out to be a black nose! He just turned one and I haven't measured him lately but he's also pretty big. Yours is very pretty!!! =)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Turtlepunk i think we discussed that before, i know one of his pairs jamXwhitey produces blk noses as mines and a few others came from the same clutch, all turned out rather large, theres a thread from 09 on them somewere in the b/w section

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu