• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2011 Extreme Coloration..

Piercedcub32

Hey guys just curious how your little guys colors are coming along, I have noticed Logan has a lot of brown, pretty much everything on his head neck and back are all brown (I thought he would be more white). So wondering what colors yours are, and looking for size updates as well. Thanks, and hope everyone is doing well!

Logan is now 23.5 inches, seems to have been hitting a lull in his growth hasn't shed in about 2 weeks. That being said, its like his brain is growing super fast. I can't believe how smart they are!

Piercedcub32

UGH i wanted mine to be white! I'm not completely happy with him being brown but he is still an amazing animal! Perhaps next season i get one from a more popular breeding couple. mine this year is a sleet snow combo.

spark678

Dont they change color with age? Perhaps the brown and olive will turn white after time. Mines about 12" so well see if mine was born in a later batch of whiter extremes.

kellen.watkins

All extremes dull out to a beige-ish color as they get old, but they. All seem to whiten up as they leave that juvenile stage, look at all of varnyards older extremes

slideaboot

5 Year Member
The white will come...patience. My guys are hefty yearlings and are still a bit yellow if anything. However, their heads are slowly lightening up. It'll happen...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My giant was dark, kinda greyish then at about 6 mos old he turned white then creamy with some dark features ie he head region, and he gets darker kinda like toasted coconuts hen he is in shed, they do get darker as they age

kellen.watkins

Yes patience, from the threads I've been reading blues don't whiten up til about 6 months which is a. Relief cause eli is really brownish, vanillas head is bright white but olivish everywhere else

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029