• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2 Males or Male & Female?

WildlifeLover429

Hi everyone :) Just ordered a male extreme a week ago and put a deposit just right now on an All American.

Can you house two males together or do advice odering a female All American? Havent seen much info on this.

They will be put together when I get them right out of the box. So will they get along?

If they dont then Ill just make two enclosures :)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Unlike most other reptiles, its the females that get aggressive once they reach breeding age... I have a male b/w and a male extreme together, they get along perfectly...you shoundnt have any problems

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deffiantly two males! My two boy get along now great when free roaming and there is a four year gap.

WildlifeLover429

Its so good to here that I can get two males! I love their Jowels lol :)

Since I will be housing them together what demensions should i make their enclosure? I have some really good ideas :D

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
For 2 males together in an enclosure they will need approx 10x6x4 I would say. Also you should be prepared to separate them if they end up not getting along.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Males are normally docile...i'd say its a slim to none chance, especially if they are raised together..i kept my red male and my male b/w together and never had and fights, it was only the females that had trouble cohabitating.

WildlifeLover429

My bf called bobby to confirm I want a male american :) im getting two gu's for my b-day! how awesome is that! :D
Cant wait for Sobek & Amun-Ra to get home!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu