• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2 foot uvb in a 4 foot cage

Steven.

Hey guys. My enclosure is 4x2x2. I just wanted to know if i put an 2 foot fixture in the middle of on my back wall if that would supply the entire cage with uvb?... Or does the uvb just travel straight out instead of outward?..{if that makes sense lol}...

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It needs to be within 20" if it is a 10.0 and even closer if it is the 5.0. I'm sure it would provide at least a small amount throughout.

Steven.

I've already got the reptisun 10.0 tube. And with the substrate in the cage and the tube at the top, it'll definately be between 10-20 inchs from him...

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It should be fine than. What type/size bulb are you using for your basking spot? Does your cage have a solid or screen top?

Steven.

Im gonna go with a halogen bulb for the basking spot. Dont know what wattage to get yet though.. and the top of the cage is a screen top... 1/4 hardwire....

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You will probably need to cover a majority of the top to keep heat and humidity inside.
Can you post some pics?

Steven.

The cage isn't finished yet.. The seam sealer is drying.. Then i'll screw in the front plexiglass and then it should be finshed. I live in central florida.. Its probably 90-100 degrees daily. Winter time is high 60's to 70's. Humidity is always high and it sucks..lol.. I don't want it gettting too hot in there. My room is somewhere between 80's and 90's throughout the day and about 75 degrees in the night...

mars

I would use two things a pe2 temp gun and a Uvb meter its the best way to measure the perfect basking spot and all your reptiles uv needs dude ;)

Steven.

Well his basking spot will be at the end of the tube. So it will make an "L" shape. with his uvb on one side and his uva on the other and him in the middle...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu