• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

1yr old B&W pics

herpocrite27

Sid is just under 1yr old now. I got him last September and he has grown to be a super gentle giant. I take him outside on his leash every day where he explores and does his business. This big guy loves to get his throat itched. He will pound on the glass when he wants out of his cage and will try to crawl up my leg when its too cool to stay outside. I think his massive growth spirt is over now and he is just putting on weight. I cant believe how well these guys tame down.

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

herpocrite27

Sid is now 42 inches and I have no idea about his weight. I think if you take him out often, especially outside that they will become this doscile. I believe he associates me with someone that lets him out of his cage and takes him outside to explore. I think it takes a while at first to realize that your not going to hurt or eat him and then to associate you with something good. I took him out lots and let him just raom, not trying to hold or cuddle with him. When they are done exploring they will come to you out of curiousity. By far the best investment I have ever made

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
^^ Agreed, hes got an awesome head/face. Hopefully he continues to thrive and live a long happy life

herpgirl2510

I love the dark face. I agree aout the free roaming and onding. My guys are out all day when I am home they are like my scaly dogs.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Beautiful tegu, i have to say the free roaming idea is the best advice, my tegus get grumpy if i dont let them out

herpocrite27

Krissy said:
We don't really have a room to let them roam though :/

I have a one bedroom apartment that seems to be just fine. There is always the option of taking them outside. Just make sure you get a leash on them so they dont get away from you and so you can keep them from going into, under, or behind anything that you cant get them out of.
Ya my Tegu will TEAR HIS CAGE APART!!! if I dont take him out every day. He will have all his decorations uprooted, fliped over, or filled with mulch if he doesnt get his recomended daily amount of exploring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me