• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

1st gen. too 2 gen. breeding

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i was just wondering for those who plan on breeding giant, how would you go about doing it? for example if blizard if from icexhail and sugar is from snowxsleet if you were to take a tegu from blizardxsugar and breed it with an offspring of icexhail or snowxsleet or even a sargexcream who i belive is from the same clutches as blizard ad sugar wouldnt this still constitute inbreeding? this is something i have been very curious about. i wonder if bobby has any other pairs of giants other than these 4.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbreeding

Scroll down to the section 'Calculating'...

I believe we should responsibly reduce the degrees of inbreeding wherever possible... but ensuring zero degree of inbreeding is too high of a standard to realistically produce when dealing with a species/line that has only two original sources (those two sources being the two pairs Bobby has)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu